- Risk appetite
- Income requirements
- Current investment assets
- Capital gains tax consequences
- Other assets (real estate, private investments, etc.)
Private Wealth Management
We create customized investment portfolios specifically tailored to each family’s unique circumstances and focused on after-tax returns. We manage all your wealth-related details so that you can spend more time with family, on favorite causes, or focused on your career. We serve as your trusted guide in all matters financial, allowing you peace of mind and control in an increasingly complex world.
- We follow a rigorous and comprehensive financial planning process to learn a great deal about your financial circumstances (assets and liabilities of all types, income components, and cash flow planning) before developing an investment strategy that is right for you
- Our investment team researches the best available opportunities in global stocks, bonds, and alternative assets where appropriate, with emphasis on after-tax returns and long term wealth accumulation
- We focus on preserving and growing your legacy by addressing wealth transfer to heirs and charities, plus wealth protection through risk minimization, estate planning and insurance, while working with your existing team of financial professionals or helping you build one
- Frequently we invest for multiple accounts within a family group, allowing us to see inter-generational dynamics, competing priorities, and varied account types
Ashfield PWM Advantage
- 40+ years of building our business on integrity and trust
- Prudent decisions no matter the market condition
- Constant core team managing your affairs for many years
- Focus on capital preservation and income needs
- No "off-the-shelf" portfolios
- Portfolios managed based on life circumstances, not benchmarks
- We are a fee-only advisor with full fiduciary responsibility
- No relationship manager intermediary; those who manage your investments are directly accountable to you
- Single point of contact in your Portfolio Manager, supported by a client service team
- Your Portfolio Manager thoroughly understands and responds to your unique circumstances
- Multi-generational professional staff serving multi-generational clients
- We help you preserve and develop your legacy
- Our 4th generation clients demonstrate successful, continuous family relationships
- Single point of contact for your existing professional team means less work for you
- No problem we can’t solve through our deep professional network (CPAs, attorneys, insurance advisors, lenders, etc.)
- Comprehensive advice on outside investments and life management
PWM Portfolio Process
- Establish investment strategy to maximize risk-adjusted returns given client objectives, risk tolerance, etc.
- Determine optimal allocation across asset classes, geography, sector, etc.
- Employ Ashfield research in selecting securities
- Value-added institutional equity research
- Portfolio-specific security selection
- Fund due diligence
Dedicated to delivering excellent results by focusing on the future. Each investment strategy at Ashfield Capital Partners managed on behalf of foundations, endowments, and pension funds reflects our core beliefs about building wealth through equity investing.
The future is worth more than the past. We believe that one cannot invest in where a company has been, only where it is going. No doubt this is why studies show that, when investing, people should be less concerned with a company’s share price than with its potential for growth and share price appreciation. Growth in earnings per share is the strongest indicator of that potential.
The future IS growth. Economies and markets expand over time, driven by powerful demographic, social and technological forces that foster change in consumer habits, and which increase productivity and generate new opportunities. As they evolve from groundswells to mainstream movements and, finally, create a new status quo, these trends disrupt economic sectors, industries and companies of all sizes.
The best companies leverage growth trends. Companies that are involved in the genesis of trends (small- and mid-caps) or that successfully build on them (large-caps) often grow earnings faster than their competitors or the market as a whole.
The more intellectual capital applied to the selection process, the better. Analytical software can systematically, objectively and continuously compare the financial and valuation characteristics of thousands of stocks. An experienced investment professional can assess intangibles, such as the mood of the market and the strength of management and a corporation’s vision, strategy, and ability to execute. A team of experienced professionals, armed with the right technology, can create a more comprehensive understanding of a company's relative merits while providing an objective reality check against the biases in any one person's judgment.
In keeping with these beliefs, we strive to build wealth through an identifiable and repeatable investment process that focuses on the central role of earnings growth and uncovers opportunities through a combination of systematic and fundamental assessment.